|SIGA, Air Tightness Tapes & Membrane|
NEA, the leading supplier of energy efficiency residential & commercial services to the Irish Market,
are delighted to offer the sale of SIGA Air-Tightness Products.
For your home high-quality products alone are not sufficient. Professional planning and execution are also important because creating an airtight building envelope requires a lot of know-how. NEA team of highly trained professionals will assist you to achieve an airtight building which is a key factor in achieving the present buildings regulations and improve the cost of running the building.
How does the SIGA Products help you?
The air and windtight building envelope can be compared with the clothing of people. In cold and damp weather several layers of clothes proved their value ("onion principle"). On the skin you wear functional underwear to carry sweat away from the skin. This corresponds to the airtight building envelope formed by the base plaster on the masonry and the vapour control layer in the roof. It is required by Part L of the Building Regulation from July 2008 and can be easily tested using a blower-door test.
What are the main reasons you should seal your building?
By using the blower-door method NEA team of highly trained professionals can easily and quickly find out whether a building is air-tight where the measured value is then compared to Building Regulations.
Reason 1: Reduction of heating costs and CO2 emissions
– Air tightly sealed vapor control layers inside prevent uncontrolled escape of warm and damp air and so resulting in increased heating costs. The lower energy demand also reduces the CO2 emissions.
– On the outside of the building breathable membranes form the wind tight layer and professionally sealed they prevent the cooling down of the insulation and heat loss.
Reason 2: Protection against building damage and mould
– A professionally sealed vapor control layer prevents warm and damp room air penetrating the construction. In this way it protects the construction and the insulation from moisture and mould infestation and the resulting damage to the building and to health.
Reason 3: Cozy living atmosphere
– Protection from heat and draught where insulation and air tightly sealed vapor control layers increase your living comfort. Firstly, there are no leakages which results in no draughts. Secondly, they protect against the ingress of heat in summer and so providing an optimum living comfort.
– Sound Insulation as there will be no airborne noise transmission if all gaps and joints are air tightly sealed. This protects the occupants from noise and also the ingress of odours is prevented.
Reason 4: No use of wood preservatives
– The air tight and wind tight layer prevents wood destroying pests from entering the construction and insulation and causing damage. Therefore you can do without the toxic wood preservatives normally used in builds.
More than one third of the warm air escapes through leaking areas in the building envelope. Consequently an air and wind tight layer is the most reliable protection against energy and heating cost loss!
Regular, controlled ventilation or a ventilation system provide for healthy indoor air. In addition, the air and wind tight building envelope fulfills further important functions:
– The insulation is protected from damage by mould, which would lead to expensive renovation work and health hazards!
– It prevents draught and increases the living comfort!
– You can do without toxic wood preservatives and keep the construction free from vermin!
– It locks out odours, noise and summer heat!
– It increases the value of your building!
SIGA high-performance adhesives offer first-class quality, with the SIGA system you create an air and wind tight layer which offers you the best reliability and comfort throughout the entire life of your house.
How do I find out more?
|< Prev||Next >|